Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meet Aubri

I'm Aubri Hale. I was not raised as a Lutheran but in the Baptist church. After a long journey with a 2 year stop in the Reformed Presbyterian Church I was finally brought to a proper understanding of the Gospel and sacraments that the Lutheran Church confesses. I'm so thankful for the gift of these truths and God's goodness in revealing them to me through the Holy Spirit and a wonderful Lutheran Pastor in Austin Tx where I grew up.

It was at that church that I also met my future husband, Philip Hale though I would not have imagined that at the time! It wasn't until his call service in May of 2007, which I JUST HAPPENED to attend since another friend of mine was graduating at the same time, that we got to know each other over a game of ping pong and I knew I'd found my husband at the ripe old age of 29! Phew!

After Philip's ordination and installation at St. Paul's Bancroft he proposed and we were married in October 2007. Very quickly I left home, moved from Austin to rural Nebraska, became a "pastor's wife" and nine months later I was blessed to become a mother. That was a wonderful and challenging year, I find that my life it still very much like that!

We have been blessed with three children and one due to arrive in September. In July of 2008 the Lord gave us Lily Ruth, in June of 2009 Clara Emeline and then in August of 2010 our first son, Gerhardt Titus. I stay at home full time with these rascals.



I used to have several hobbies such as scrapbooking, sewing and knitting. Now in my "spare time" I enjoy blogging here and about my family on our blog. Otherwise, my days are spent wiping spit-up off of every surface and material in our house, washing diapers, watching too many episodes of Wonder Pets, doing "crafts" with my girls, baking, trying to read a book and deciding what I'm gonna feed everyone next.

I love Tex-Mex, watching movies, eating ice cream (see above), a good book, a hot cup of coffee, and Fall. (Oh and I'll proudly declare that I graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in History in 2002. Something I love to announce here in Nebraska! Hee hee.)

I'd say I'm living my dream but I think I always had a maid and a chef in those dreams....and I was NOT a pastor's wife! Yet I have found that I am so blessed to be given the gifts that I wanted but in the ways our Lord wanted me to have them.

Now introduce yourself! Email a bio and some pictures to me and I'll add it in a new post!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics, Aubri--what a lovely family! And I vote to incorporate an ice cream time to a future EVE getaway...how much better could it get? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I would second that. Banana splits or build your own sundae???

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those in flavor, I mean favor say 'you betcha'!

    "Banana splits or build your own sundae?" Yes and yes!

    ReplyDelete