Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First Veggies!

Kristi L. writes:

Summertime is here, and our garden is finally producing. We’ve been battling fungus on our 12 tomato plants, so we’re still waiting on those.

We did however, get some green beans and baby beets. Yum-yum.
You won’t find a picture of the grape tomato because it found its way to Joanna’s mouth before I could snap a photo of it.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it a great feeling to eat out of your own garden? It makes me proud when my husband brings home the veggies he's worked so hard to plant, keep alive and harvest. I get the easy part, cleaning and cooking 'em up since for the last 4 summers I've been "large with child" when we put our garden in.

    Good luck with the fungus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Aubri--pregnancy does have its perks (i.e. eating without the work that goes into growing). Gardening for my husband is a great outlet, though, and I don't think he'll just hand it over when I'm not chasing (or carrying) our children. Something about God's green earth and all that... YAY for green beans, beets, and too-good-to-save cherry tomatoes, Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I wanted a garden so bad that I have been working in it until this hot weather started! Adam did take care of it when I was gone on my trip though! I think my beets are almost ready. And my sunflowers are about to bloom as well.

    ReplyDelete