Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Update on My Garden - Kathy F.


Well, I finally got my boxes built and plants in...doesn't look too bad, huh??

We had a lot of fun planting...but we literally finished minutes before a thunderstorm rolled in....which was nice in the sense, I didn't have to water my garden right away.

We planted: cucumbers, green beans, onions (box 1) the little boxes all have carrots, strawberries are in box 2, box 3 contains lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower...the 4th box has tomatoes, and more broccoli and cauliflower. I have also added 2 potato grow bags. So we will see. Each child is in charge of one big box and one little one...and the 4th box we all share.

When I was planning how to plant my garden I used the link here. Not only can I see a visual of what my garden will look like, it also tells me how many of each plant I can put in one square foot box....very cool!! When my kids helped me do the planting I printed off a "map" of their garden box and then they planted it.

If this is successful, then we might build a few more boxes next year. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes this summer.

-Kathy

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the garden. There wasn't a single weed in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...yet. (sigh)....they are bound to come....BUT..that is where the kids come in..they have each proudly planted one big and one little box...and one of the responsiblities is weeding....so we will see how that goes all summer long. I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete