Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mixing Bowl Help!


I am in need of new mixing bowls. I can't decide between plastic/melmac (which I have been using), glass or steel. I want a good quality, durable set. Also, affordable....

Any of you have a preference or thoughts to share with me to help make this decision?

I'd appreciate it!

-Aubri

Pictured: Nigella Lawson's beautiful (but not exactly affordable) mixing bowls.

6 comments:

  1. I got a set (10-Piece Glass Bowl Set at Crate and Barrel) for a wedding gift and I LOVE them. I use them as mixing bowls, serving bowls and everything in between. The teeny tiny one is perfect for heating up chocolate fudge for your bowl of ice cream (smile). And at $30 for the whole set, that is affordable...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I've thought about a set like this for a while now. I love that they look nice and can be used for so many things. My main concern is using my hand mixer in glass or steel bowls. Sorry if I sound dumb here, I'm a relatively "newbie" to cooking! But is it safe on glass? And would using the mixer be super loud in a steel bowl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think using a hand mixer in glass would be perfectly safe! Unless that is, you are particularly aggressive with your mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my clear pyrex swet, too (although pyrex shatters when they break--but they hardly ever break). No problems at all with a mixer (or a dishwasher).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, clearly you have never seen me mix. And Katy "but they hardly ever break" even in the clumsy preggie hands of aggressive cooks?

    With such encouragement as this, I think I will be going with a set of glass Pyrex.

    Thanks for the input ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *set, not swet. Sorry. Those are my preggo hands :) I have only had one bowl break in 5 years of daily use.

    ReplyDelete