Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Friday, April 27, 2012

EVE 2012

Kristi writes:

Teaching. Singing. Eating. Laughing.  There was lots of that happening at EVE 2012.  I can say with 100% certainty that it was a joy to spend time with these lovely ladies.  We were fed spiritually by Pastor’s presentation.  We confessed the Lutheran faith in word and song.

The camaraderie is unmatched by any other gathering.  I think that’s what makes this group so special to me.  I know that this group of women understands the isolation, the pressure, the compassion, and the unique joys that a pastor’s wife encounters day after day after day.  So thank you, ladies, for making my highlight reel for 2012.  I hope to see you again next year.  (Well, hopefully before that.)


Kristi

8 comments:

  1. It is truly a unique and wonderful conference. I stronly encourage more women to attend. Refreshment, blessing, renewal. And friendships.

    Technical difficulty: I am unable to view the pics. Can I see them elsewhere??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man I wish I was there! But we needed to be with Adam's family...There is always next year. Also I am so glad you ladies had a great time. I am sure it was a fulfilling and wonderful time to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were missed BethAnn but you were of course where you needed to be!

      Delete
  3. Be sure to turn up the sound on your computer for the slide show. I love the liturgy!

    Aubri - What CD is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is from a recording of hymns that the music leader (and his wife) of a former church I went to made...on cassette tape. My husband converted it to digital files...love my geek man! I'm looking into the possibility of sharing it with all at some point.

      Delete
  4. Nevermind. My computer is S...L....O....W.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can see them now Jenny. I feel your pain on the SLOW computer. My browser almost froze three times trying to make comments.

      Is anyone else having trouble with this? I can post the individual photos if so.

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see you all there! Thanks for the pictures, Kristi (and music to match, Aubri :))! You all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete