Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Saturday, April 21, 2012

He is the Vine - From BethAnn



BethAnn writes:

I was doing some gardening and landscaping today in my backyard. And we have some wild vines growing from the field located to the east. I guess I have never paid that much attention to the vine and how it grows. The vine is first and very strong! The branches are more flexible and not as strong. So when I was untangling this wild vine off my east fence the bible verse:

 I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5 

All of the sudden a light bulb went off, which made that above verse make sense. Then another thing came to mind which made me think of how much God loves me is that the vine grows first, reaches out to the surroundings, then the branches grow. Just like Jesus first, he reaches to us, then we grow in HIS word. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment