Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Eggs Part 2 - from Kathy


Notice that there is one jar missing from the previous line up of jars.  Let me just say, the green one fell to it's demise.  I was told to put 1 Tbsp of vinegar into each jar so the color would stay on the egg better.  Well, I did that and when I put it in the green jar...it quickly turned UGLY...like murky sea water...really GROSS!!!  I found out, after a little research that the vinegar killed the chlorophyll, thus turning my green brown.  A lesson learned for next year.   So now we have 6 colors.


and the eggs are soaking. 



The ones in the blue (almost straight grape juice) are floating...I think it's because of the sugar.  They didn't float when I boiled them...so I don't think they are rotten.  
To be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh, I can't wait to see the finished product!!!! This looks like a great 3-day project, kinda like the Triduum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask. Did your kids decorate the eggs with crayon designs first?

    ReplyDelete