Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs the Natural Way Conclusion - from Kathy



Well, finally, the last of the Easter Egg Saga.   The colors took all morning and into the afternoon to set on the eggs.  Some took better than others.  I even had some that the color washed off.  Notice below...these were all in the grape juice, so the outside was sticky...so I washed it...notice the 2 on the right.  That is what happened.  Will have to find another way to make purple.  It didn't even look purple, but the before washing color was pretty.


These are a sampling of the eggs we made.  The orange and yellow turned out lovely.  (probably my favorites).  The blue wasn't too bad..but not very dark...and sort of gray looking.  The pink is nice.  The green, well, you heard that story in the previous post.   So, will we do this next year?  Yes.  But I will do some more researching to come up with some better options.   All in all, they will taste good no matter what color the outside is, right??


4 comments:

  1. What an adventure! And yes they'll taste good...I do love a boiled egg and that smell as uh, unpleasant as it can be, always smells like Easter to me. Way to go Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Kathy! Now you can say you've done it. I know you'll find ways to improve this method for next year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how much creativity you have. I will have to try this next year as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, Kath. I remember doing this with my mom when we were kids. Nothing to offer as far as experience and things learned - don't remember that. I just remember it being a fun experiment with tumeric, beets and onion skins!

    ReplyDelete