Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Thursday, April 14, 2011

More Ideas for Holy Week and Easter

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

I'm an "idea hoarder". I like collecting good ideas for using or saving for future use. With all the good ways to celebrate Easter flying around here I thought I'd share some others that I've come across.

Just so you know, many of my sources are Roman Catholic but with some discretion I still find them useful.

Holy Week
Stations of The Cross coloring pages
Lenten or Good Friday Cross made of sticks, very easy!
Good Friday Hot Cross Buns recipe
More ideas for Holy Week here

Palm Sunday
Make Palm Crosses
Make a Palm Branch craft for children
More fun ideas for Palm Sunday here

Easter
Eggs:
"Jesus Eggs"
Resurrection Eggs

Eating:
Empty Tomb Rolls
More food here

Decorating:
Easter Tree (reading Scripture verses, start this 2 weeks before Easter)
Alleluia Tree
Alleluia Banner (nice idea to have "buried" it during Lent then bring it out for display at Easter)

Do any of you continue celebrating Easter throughout the entire 50 days of the Easter Season? If so, what do you do?

3 comments:

  1. Aubri - Thanks for compiling all of these ideas into one location. I'll be much more inclined to try some of these out.

    There are also crucifixion/Easter cookies that you can make. You add ingredients and read coordinating Bible verses. Then you leave the cookies in the oven overnight. I don't remember what the cookies are called exactly, but they're a good recipe to try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kristi I just read something about these cookies here:

    http://catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2008/03/easter-story-cookies-resurrection.html

    Look to be a wonderful teaching tool for kiddos, I may have to try these some year.

    Katy in HER awesomeness made a great post today on her Holy Week plans:

    http://churchyearinthehome.blogspot.com/2011/04/our-easter-week.html?showComment=1303007606854#c7289639235845036105

    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete