Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Prayer Request - From Beth M.


My dad was diagnosed a week ago with a rare brain cancer, Astrocytoma (Grade 3), after having a brain biopsy at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, MN. This past Thursday our family had a consultation with a neurologist at Mayo Clinic to discuss possible treatment. This is an aggressive cancer which infiltrates through the supportive tissue on the brain which eliminates surgery as an option. My mom has set up an appointment at a cancer treatment center near their home in IL to begin radiation treatments.

My 74 year old dad has been a healthy, very active farmer all of his life. He knew he wasn’t feeling right during harvest but attributed it to old age. After seeing many different Drs. and getting no answer for the swelling and white spots on his brain with symptoms of fatigue, falling, and confusion, my mom and dad drove to Mayo in Rochester for a second opinion, which leads to where we are today. Everything has happened so quickly, but God is giving my family the strength to go through this. My dad was reciting his confirmation verse (Hebrews 13:5) as I read it to him on Thursday before we said our “good-byes” to travel back to our homes. What comfort God promises us in His Word!

Needless to say, I can think of nothing else as I try to get something accomplished at home and long to be in IL to help my mom and dad. I am looking at leaving next week to stay with them awhile, taking my younger two with me while the older two remain at home with Mark.  My siblings live near my parents and have been able to help out.  We thoroughly enjoyed the surprise visit from my foster brother from Florida during our time at Mayo, and know that he will be with us again as able. God is good in that this is bringing my family closer than what we’ve been in some time.

Thank you for all your love and support!

Your sister in Christ,
Beth

2 comments:

  1. Many, many prayers for you and yours, Beth. Christ the same yesterday, today, and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - Our prayers are with you and your family. May God grant you peace and the strength to get through the coming days.

    ReplyDelete