Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Monday, May 21, 2012

Pastor's Wife - Perk #18

  
Kristi L. writes:


Funeral flowers.  That’s right, I said funeral flowers.

Several floral arrangements were delivered to our church this past week.  Two individuals, whose relatives belong to our church, died.  The outpouring of flowers enabled our church to be the recipient of some of those pretty blooms. One bouquet made the trip from Colorado to Nebraska.  It didn’t look quite right in a bouquet anymore – kinda wilty in places. Rather than throw the entire thing out, I got two nice floral arrangements.


See?  There are perks to being a pastor’s wife.  Yes, I know - they’re funeral flowers.  They’re beautiful in color, smell lovely, and I love them.  Now you’re wishing you had some, aren’t you?

2 comments:

  1. I recently received some red roses and a beautiful pink Kolanchoe plant after a funeral. I rarely have fresh flowers in the house, so this was a welcomed "perk" for sure.

    I also think by having these it's a nice way to help you continue to remember the family of the deceased, even if you didn't know them and pray for them in their mourning.

    Now, I have to know what your PW Perks #1-17 are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I got flowers from church, but last week, a member who usually takes leftover altar flowers to shut-ins said they'd had an overabundance and asked if I wanted them. They kept loverly purple on our table for a week--what a gift!

    And our awesome, exploding rubber tree came from the first member's funeral Jon officiated at as a pastor. Nobody wanted it but us, and every time I see it, I think of Freida and thank God for her. Great post, Kristi!

    Emily :)

    ReplyDelete