Golden and Noble Works


“A wife too should regard her duties in the same light, as she suckles the child, rocks and bathes it, and cares for it in other ways; and as she busies herself with other duties and renders help and obedience to her husband. These are truly golden and noble works."
Martin Luther

Friday, August 5, 2011

21st Century Weddings - Kristi L.

Kristi writes:

I know that June is the month of weddings, and I know this post would be more appropriate in said month. However, I am extremely irritated by a news article I happened to see on the news this morning. A young couple stated their vows this way... (Names have been changed because they are morons.)

Bride: I, Jane, take you, Dick, to be no other than yourself......

Groom: I, Dick, take you, Jane, to be no other than yourself.....

What!!!! Whatever happened to becoming someone's wife or husband? Are we so selfish that we can't become something to somebody else? When I got married, I was still myself, as well as being a wife to Jerome. I wasn't afraid that I was going to lose myself just by getting married. Call me old-fashioned, but this type of vow disgusts me.

No wonder our husbands dread doing wedding services. The wedding service has fast become self-serving. So sad.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really don't what to say other than WOW!

    ReplyDelete